I love adding a touch of warmth and charm to my home during the holidays with rustic Christmas decor. Not only is it a relatively inexpensive style to achieve, but it also creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Some common elements of rustic Christmas decor include simple designs, warm colors, natural ornaments, wreaths and garlands made of fresh evergreens, mantle displays, and centerpieces made of pinecones and other natural elements.
Recently, I decided to take my living room up a notch by painting the walls a deeper, richer color. I chose Benjamin Moore Regal Matte finish in the color Dark Walnut, and it added so much depth to the entire space. With the holidays approaching, I can’t wait to decorate my home with rustic Christmas decor and enjoy the cozy atmosphere it creates.
DIY Rustic Christmas Decorations
During the holiday season, I love to add a touch of rustic charm to my home with homemade decorations. Here are some easy DIY ideas that will make your home feel cozy and festive.
One of my favorite DIY projects is making handmade ornaments. You can create beautiful rustic Christmas tree ornaments using natural elements like baking soda and cinnamon. Another fun idea is to make textured ornaments that look like high-end dupes. In my post, “How to Make a Christmas Icicle Ornament using Candle Wax,” I show you how to make beautiful ornaments that last for many years.
This post may include affiliate links; you can read my disclosure policy here.
Tips for a Rustic Christmas Theme
As someone who loves rustic Christmas decor, I have learned a thing or two about creating the perfect rustic vibe for the holidays. Here are some tips to help you achieve that cozy, country cottage feel:
- Stick to a rustic style: Embrace the rustic style by using natural materials like wood, pinecones, and twine. Incorporate elements like plaid and evergreen branches to add to the rustic feel of your decor.
- Rustic charm is important: Look for pieces that have a weathered or distressed look, or that have a handmade feel. These elements will add to the rustic feel of your decor.
- Use rustic accents: Small accents can make a big impact when it comes to creating a rustic Christmas vibe. Look for things like lanterns, candles, and mason jars to add a touch of rustic charm to your decor.
- Good use of rustic decorations: A few well-placed rustic Christmas decorations can go a long way. Mix and match different textures and materials to create a cohesive look.
- Rustic Christmas tree ornaments: Your Christmas tree is the centerpiece of your holiday decor, so make sure it fits in with your rustic theme. Look for ornaments made from natural materials like wood, or that have a rustic feel to them.
- Rustic holiday decorations are a great choice: Rustic holiday decorations are a great choice to add some rustic charm to your home for the holidays. Look for wreaths, garlands, and table runners that incorporate natural elements and textures.
Remember, the most important thing when it comes to creating a rustic Christmas theme is to have fun with it! Stick to the rustic style, use rustic accents, and don’t be afraid to mix and match different textures and materials. With these tips, you’ll be able to create a cozy, country cottage feel in your home this holiday season.