Get ready to paint your home with the warmth and tenderness of Peach Fuzz, Pantone’s official color of the year for 2024! This soft, pinkish-orange hue evokes feelings of comfort, connection, and a gentle embrace, making it the perfect antidote to the stresses of modern life.
Reactions to Pantone’s Color of the Year
I have to admit every year when Pantone names their color of the year I usually think, “What? Why?” and then as a week or two goes by I find myself influenced and three weeks in I am in love with their pick.
Last year it was Viva Magenta and I used it in so many of my decor DIY’s and loved it.
You can see my Magnolia Wreath (With a twist) here that I painted a beautiful shade of magenta.
This year’s color Peach Fuzz, same thing. Wait, what? Peach? Then I started noticing how much I use peach in subtle ways and how if I add some peach into my current color scheme it might be the most perfect pairing! Not to be confused with pearing. LOL
So, how can you incorporate this delicate shade into your home decor and paint finishes? Buckle up, interior design enthusiasts, because we’re about to delve into a world of peachy possibilities!
Painting With Peach
- Accent Walls: Let Peach Fuzz take center stage! Paint an accent wall in your living room, bedroom, or even your kitchen for a pop of color that feels both playful and sophisticated. See how I used pink in my daughter’s room here More Than Just Pink: Why Magnolia’s Rosy Pink is the Perfect Choice for Your Daughter’s Room
- Ceiling Dreams: Don’t be afraid to think outside the box! Painting your ceiling in Peach Fuzz can create an intimate and cocooning atmosphere, especially in a bedroom or home office.
- Make it shiny: Get high gloss paint or even laquer and paint some furniture or your trim.
Sampilize Paint Samples
If you want to try a paint sample without having to actually paint, I highly recommend these Sampilize Peel and Stick Paint Samples are amazing. I use them for myself and my Design Clients all the time. They are a game changer.
You can put them in multiple places throughout the day to see them in all the light and in different rooms, on your cabinets and take them with you to the store when you’re shopping for your spaces.
They are so much bigger than the little swatch you get at the paint store and you can try colors from all the top brands without shopping in different places.
Here are some beautiful peach shades I picked for myself to try out this month!
Click on the image to take a look!
- Sofa So Good: Invest in a plush velvet sofa in Peach Fuzz for a luxurious and inviting statement piece. My new sofa is pink but it pairs so good with peach pillows and throws. I love the pink and peach color combination.
- Chair Flair: Accent chairs are the perfect way to add a touch of color without committing to a full room makeover. Opt for Peach Fuzz chairs to add a playful pop to your dining room or living area. You could recover your chair cushions or get covers in peach as well.
This post may include affiliate links; you can read my disclosure policy here.
Accessorize with Elegance
- Textile Delights: Throw pillows, blankets, and rugs in Peach Fuzz will add warmth and texture to your space. Play with different patterns and materials to create a layered look.
- Artful Touches: Artwork, vases, and other decorative objects in Peach Fuzz will tie your color scheme together and add a touch of personality.
Beyond the Blush
- Complementary Colors: To create a vibrant contrast, pair Peach Fuzz with bold blues, greens, or purples. For a more subdued look, try earthy browns or soft grays.
- Pattern Play: Don’t shy away from patterns! Floral prints, stripes, and geometric shapes can all work beautifully with Peach Fuzz.
Remember, the key to incorporating Peach Fuzz into your home decor is to embrace its versatility. This color can be both bold and playful, calming and sophisticated. So, experiment, have fun, and let your creativity blossom!
My Favorite Paint Brushes
Here are some additional resources to help you get inspired:
- Benjamin Moore Peach Shades: https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/search?category=color&q=peach
- Sherwin Williams Peach Fuzz Shade: https://www.sherwin-williams.com/en-us/color/color-family/orange-paint-colors/sw6344-peach-fuzz
- Articles talking about shades of Peach:
- Even Martha knew it was coming! https://www.marthastewart.com/1531231/superneutral-paint-palettes
It’s easy to save this post to your Pinterest board right here from the image below by either hovering over it on your computer or touch the red Pinterest Logo on the image with your phone and it will automatically open your Pinterest app to save! That way you’ll have it when you are ready for it!
With a little imagination and these tips, you can easily transform your home into a haven of tranquility and warmth, all thanks to the power of Peach Fuzz. So, go forth and blush your walls, fluff your pillows, and embrace the color of the year!