A Simple Guide to Making Delicious Lavender Syrup. Make your own lavender simple syrup with this detailed step-by-step guide. It’s a delicious addition to drinks and desserts that you can make in minutes.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
On my blog Amy Sadler Designs, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. You can find my full Disclosure Policy HERE
With just a few ingredients and some stirring, you can make this versatile sweet syrup in minutes.
How to Make Homemade Lavender Syrup
- Boil water
Bring water to a boil.
- Melt Sugar
Add in sugar and stir until dissolved.
You will know that it is ready when it goes from cloudy to clear. I also let it boil for about 3 minutes after it was clear.
- Remove from heat
Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add lavender
Add lavender flowers to the hot (but not boiling) mixture.
Mix in 2 to 3 tablespoons. Depending on how strong you like the flavor to be.
I prefer a lighter flavor so I only add 2 tablespoons.
Give them a quick stir, and then let the flowers steep for up to 30 minutes.
The longer it steeps the stronger the flavor will be also. I strain at about 20 minutes for mine.
Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the flowers out. Once strained, pour the liquid into a clean container like a mason jar or bottle.
Something that closes airtight.
You can use your lavender simple syrup immediately and it stays good for 6 months.
Lavender Syrup For Coffee
The main reason I am making lavender syrup is to add it to my coffee and tea this winter, and in the spring I will make a lavender lemonade concoction dupe that I always get in the spring at a restaurant called first watch.
Homemade Lavender Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp Organic Lavender Flowers Depending on how strong you like your syrup.
- Mix together the water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Add the lavender flowers
- Allow the mixture to steep for 30 minutes.
- Once your simple syrup has cooled and reached the desired lavender flavor, it's time to strain out all of the solids from your mixture. Use a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove all of the flowers
- Once strained, transfer your simple syrup into a clean container. You can use it immediately. Enjoy!
Ideas for using Your Lavender Syrup
There are many ways to use the lavender syrup in cooking and drinks. Here are a few ideas:
- Add a few tablespoons into sparkling water or club soda to make a refreshing lavender spritzer.
- Mix into cocktails, such as a gin fizz or a lavender martini.
- Drizzle over waffles, pancakes, or French toast for a sweet and floral breakfast treat.
- Use as a glaze for roast chicken or pork.
- Stir a spoonful into yogurt or oatmeal for a sweet and fragrant breakfast.
- Add to homemade ice cream or sorbet for a unique and floral twist.
- Mix into whipped cream for a topping for desserts like cakes, tarts, or fruit.
- Use as a sweetener in tea or coffee.
Items You’ll Need
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lavender Syrup?
Lavender syrup is a sweet syrup that is flavored with lavender flowers.
It can be used in a variety of ways, including in cocktails, as a topping for desserts, and even in savory dishes. To make lavender syrup, you will need lavender flowers, water, and sugar.
I hope these ideas give you some inspiration!
Let me know if you have any other questions!
It’s easy to save this post to your Pinterest board right here from the image below by either hovering over it on your computer or touch the red Pinterest Logo on the image with your phone and it will automatically open your Pinterest app to save! That way you’ll have it when you are ready for it!
What’s In My Cart
I love adding a touch of warmth and charm to my home during the holidays with rustic Christmas decor. Not only is it a relatively inexpensive style to achieve, but it also creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Some common elements of rustic Christmas decor include simple designs, warm colors, natural ornaments, wreaths and garlands…
Rustic Christmas decor is a great way to add a touch of warmth and charm to your home during the holidays. It is also a relatively inexpensive style to achieve, as many materials can be found in nature or at your local craft store. Some common elements of rustic Christmas decor include: I used to…
Pinecone elves are such a fun and easy holiday craft that is perfect for kids and adults alike. They are a great way to add a touch of rustic charm to your Christmas décor, and they can be made with just a few simple supplies. Gigi, my 5-year-old daughter, helped me make these and we…