It’s about that time! Spring cleaning time that is! My windows are open today but there is a muddy mess outside so I am not going to start in today on my spring cleaning routine but I am getting my recipes ready!
Here are a few of my absolute spring cleaning MUST HAVES!
Are you someone who is obsessed with cleaning, I am not, but I do love a good spring cleaning. When the weather turns and the sun starts shining in on my winter mess especially!
I like to say my house is clean but cluttered! There is always a project on my kitchen table and a painting project smack dab in the middle of my living room but I do clean. I also have a girl who comes in twice a month to help me too. I highly recommend having someone come in and clean behind you like that because they see your house in a way you don’t and usually she gets to something that I am avoiding or have overlooked. It’s not as expensive as you might think.
Spring cleaning is different though. It’s like washing away the ugly winter drudge and letting the sunshine in through the clean windows!
Burn your favorite spring candle ( Here’s mine! ), mix up your solutions, and get to cleaning!
Spring Cleaning Recipes
#1 Floor Cleaning Solution
- 1 Gallon Very hot water
- 3 tablespoons tide powder
- Mix well in your OCedar Spin Mop bucket
#2 Homemade Antibacterial wipes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup 91% rubbing alcohol
- If you would just like to make cleaning wipes replace the alcohol with cleaning vinegar
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of pure Castile soap are used lavender scented
- Submerge paperless towels and close the lid
#3 Countertop cleaning wipes
- 2 cups water
- 1 to 3 teaspoons tide powder
- Submerge paperless towels and Close the lid
#4 Window/Shower glass cleaner
- 1-3 teaspoons Dawn dish soap
- Fill the rest of the opening with cleaning vinegar
- Add 1 teaspoon water
- Use a Scotch pad with the wand that holds solution and also mix into a spray bottle
Here are my favorite cleaning cloths. I don’t clean without them!
If you like this post you’ll love my 5 Easy Laundry Hacks to Make Your Clothes Last Longer and Smell Great post as well! I have a secret laundry secret!