It’s here! The One Room Challenge Spring 2022!!!! I am excited to be a guest participant in this fun challenge!
You may recall that I started the Fall ORC last year but shortly after it began, I lost my dear mother-in-law and couldn’t complete my office makeover, and I still haven’t btw! I am not going to be in the office this spring though. I am doing a much needed update in my laundry room.
The laundry room is small, is right off of the front foyer, and has a door to the garage. So not only is it tiny but it has 2 doors. Also, It is hard to shut the door from the foyer because there is always something in the way!
My hope is to not only make it beautiful but functional for my needs.
One Room Challenge Moodboard
I know what you’re thinking. It’s too dark for a small space, but it will be okay. I will hold your hand through this! LOL
I believe I can pull this off because the wallpaper is so unique and it just has to be used with black paint. So let’s break it down design-wise.
Side Note; this plan is subject to change and probably will!
Makeover design plan
- Black paint on the lower half of the walls. The color is yet to be decided. No, not all black paint is the same!
- Gilded Trim using gold (slight cheetah pattern) foil from Artistic Painting Studio. (See it Here) You can use the code: Mixology10 for a 10% discount on your purchase!
- New Isla flush mount gifted light from Lights.com
- Something interesting on the ceiling to highlight the new light
- Dutch Flower Wallpaper (I’m not showing you yet)!
- Vintage prints of ladies taking it easy in antique gold frames
- Open Shelving
- Hanging storage
- Rolling cart DIY (I see it being gilded as well)
I hope you will follow along on my Instagram and watch my stories for behind-the-scenes action!
If you want to watch some amazingly talented designers and DIYer’s makeover their spaces then follow along here!
Tell me your thoughts in the comments below! Do you have any advice or recommendations for me?