What can you do with a wooden heart? How do you decoupage a wooden heart? Have you wanted to know how to decoupage wooden hearts? I have some great ideas that might help!
I like hearts even if it’s not Valentine’s Day, especially if they are not red and pink! So I made some decoupage wooden hearts in some of my favorite patterns and colors and I’ve been using them in such fun ways!
- Decoupage paper or napkins
- I love Makenzie Childs and this was a great time to use my MC napkins and also my blue and white that I will be using on my spring tablescape very soon!
- Wooden hearts of all sizes
- Check amazon and dollar tree
- White paint
- I have found that white paint under most of my decoupage projects works best to brighten my decoupage papers and napkins
- Sponge brushes
- Blow dryer (optional)
How do you decoupage on wood hearts
- Paint your wooden heart with white chalk paint on both sides. Let dry
- Using a sponge brush apply a generous amount of modpodge on one side of your painted heart
- Seperate your ply’s of napkin and/or unfold your decoupage paper
- Decide how you want to place your pattern
- Gently lay your paper over the wet wood surface and smooth as you go (it helps to use a plastic baggie over your hand)
- If your hearts are small you can lay your paper, right side down, and place your wet heart down
- Let dry
- Tear off the excess paper gently by pulling
- Use a sanding block to sand the edges smooth and remove any extra paper that might be hanging on
- Using a sponge brush apply another generous coat of modpodge to the top of the project
- Decorate and enjoy!
I just made these adorable DIY Lether Napkin Rings using these little hearts and they are so high-end looking!